Sunday 29 April 2007

Quiet Weekend

I had a very nice weekend - started out with dinner at Admiral Cordrington with Rachel, Dave and her parents. The latest discovery is that they have a retractable roof over the dining room which was great for such a beautiful night.

Saturday I woke up early to go to Portobello Market - I got fresh fruit and veggies from the local market and of course couldn't walk away without treating myself to a new necklace ;)Saturday evening, I had a potluck dinner with Mark, Maria and David - some friends from work who also live in my building. I brought Ellen's famous bean salad and my orzo dish from my greek-themed birthday picnic from years ago. Maria cooked her famous ribs with a secret family sauce that I am going to have to pry from her because it was so tasty and Mark cooked baked ziti and chicken.




Sunday I took a walk through Battersea Park, which is just over the Thames River. It's a great park with a huge variety of things to see - today, I walked through sub-tropical gardens (yes, in London) and could have imagined I was in Fairchild Gardens in Miami! Next time, I will definitely check out the Peace Pagoda...

No comments: